Friday, February 20, 2009

Trip To The Dentist! :}


The trip to the dentist was not fruitful, again.

Apparently due to my current condition which I don't wna say out, I have to take 8 TABLETS of antibiotics AT ONE GO one hour before seeking dental treatment thus I didn't have my teeth polished BUT I had one of teeth filled so it's not a total loss :}

Momo and I woke up early in the morning and Pops drove us to Shaw Centre for our appointment. The dentist, Dr Siow, is somewhat our home dentist. Momo has been visiting her for several years and I sort of went to her after there weren't any free dental given in school. :} And the place is just soooo awesome! It doesn't even look like a dental clinic! :D Upon reaching, we sat for a while cause Dr Siow wasn't there yet. When she reached, we went into the room and Momo did hers first. So she was talking to Momo when she suddenly ask:

Dr Siow: "So your son this year Sec 2 ah?"
Me: *stares at her* "Say what?!"
Momo: *sounding short tongued* "No! He this year going Poly alre!"
Dr Siow: "Really?! He look like 13 14 years old like that!"

After that it was my turn and she put two COTTON BUDS between my teeth for the filling. Somehow the cotton bud taste like it was flavoured so I thought it was MARSHMALLOWS. After the filling was done, she took out one of the cotton buds only and left the other one inside and she ask me to spit out. So I was thinking whether I should EAT it or not but decided against it cause later I'll feel so embarrassed if she needed to use the MARSHMALLOWS again, so I told her:

Me: "Dr Siow, there is still one more MARSHMALLOW inside my mouth."
Dr Siow: "Not marshmallow lah, cotton bud! Sorry, forgot to take out!"
Me: *thinking how lucky I was not to eat it*
Momo: *laughing*

Anywho Dr Siow was kinda irritated by me. Haha. You know how dentists like to put this tube into your mouth whereby it will suck the excess water from your mouth into the tube? I kept playing with it and collecting saliva in my mouth and putting it near the tube. :D You can literally hear the saliva being sucked into the tube like *SLURPPPPPPPPPPP*. Lol. Don't worry, they change the tube for every treatment. :}} After that we walked around Central cause I need to wait for one hour for the filling to settle in. Then we had Jap for lunch:D Alright, photos:


Totally doesn't look like a dental clinic right? :D

Momo reading the 8 days which I just bought and totally ignoring me while I admire the clinic.

I didn't know Clarke Quay was so colourful! I think they repainted it.



The chandelier at the Japanese restaurant.

The lunch special is superdy duperdy cheap at this restaurant. It comes with one serving of noodles and one serving of rice of your choice and it costs $7.80! And you can just add a dollar to get a cup of iced lemon tea! :D And the serving of the noodle and rice is definitely worthwhile cause it's not small at all. It's a regular bowl :} And once you're seated they serve you authentic Japanese Green tea :D Go try it! :D

And thus the end of another post :} (I know I promised you guys that I'll post the Top 10 weird facts about me but I'm running out of time! Most probably in my next post! :D)

No comments: